Sunday, September 21, 2008

Looking For Some Inspiration

Today, I was sitting down in front of my computer, wanting something to write. But I couldn't figure out what. I mean, I'm a writer, I should what to write. But this is where that inconvient diease called Writer's Block comes in. Damn, I hate and I rarely experience it.

But here I am, in front of my computer, thinking of what to write. I sigh repeatedly and shake my head in fustration. "I need some inspiration." I told myself. So with that, I get up. Pack my wallet, phone, body and mind, and walk outside.

I really don't know what I was looking for, but I knew I'll find something. So down the block I go and I stare up at the sky. The vast blue with the puffs of white stuff. The air smells great and the birds are chirping. I turn the corner and find my first in-depth thought for the day.

My Neighbor: Two Blocks Away From Me:
I've noticed that on every Sunday (the Sundays that I actually go out) she washes clothes. The smell of the Tide that she used fills me nose and it makes me smile. That great smell sweeps all over the block, enchanting the people with a delightful scent. I thanked her for that. Because who wants to smell bird crap that plauges the area before and after Sunday?

I walk further down the block and come to where the fork is by the Home Depot. That's where the second thought came to mind.

The NO PARKING ANY TIME Sign:
I wonder why people couldn't park here at any time. I mean, really. Not even for two seconds. You know, they can't stop to grab something in the back seat? It makes me wonder what will happen if a cop pulled someone over if they stopped for that amount of time...right in front of that sign. Hmmmm, I wonder.

I walk further down and come to my favorite gorcery store. I only have 5 dollars in my wallet and I spent it on these things:
-Three bags of 99cent Doritos
-Two cans of 99cent Arizona
I love this stuff. And that's when the third thing popped into my head.

OMG, I HAVE NO MONEY LEFT!
Now, I'm an adult. I'm not suppose to fritter away my money like a kid on parade. But I did, not thinking of the troubles that will follow. But I get paid on Wednesday, so I really don't care. It's my mom who's gonna ride my back till on end.

Well there you have it, I overcame my writer block!

1 comment:

Felipe said...

Nice. I like going on long walks for inspiration as well, you should hit up a park or yard and analyze whats going on around you, thats what I do. I sketch EVERYONE! maybe you should try describing everyone, I've done and have made some pretty interesting characters from it