Monday, October 6, 2008

A Time Of

It was after she left,
It happened so fast: I didn't know what to do next.
I remember standing there, looking into those big eyes.
Motionless, petrified; staring in the face full of lies.
She told us it would be okay, not to worry.
Then why did she bring cops? That's another story.
She even brought my eldest sister,
Someone who's actions had already hit me like a twister.
She came in and took me away,
I was speechless, falling tears was all I had left to say.
She told us to pack;
But it nothing less than the clothes on our backs.
On four wheels we went;
to be subscribed to a new agent.
They took our picture to be put on a board.
For someone else to look at it. For someone else to afford.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Travis, I posted this comment in response to your comment on my blog. Duh, I think I was supposed to send it to you.

"your mom would have been right to do so. i hope i'm doing right by my son. its not for lack of love if i screw up, thats for sure. thanks for the encouragement, i needed to hear that".

October 4, 2008 5:03 PM


In response to your poem, I am speechless. I am not sure if that is because of how well done the poem is or isn't, or because of the content of the poem. It is disturbing to be sure.