Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mental Idleness

What brings me to this place?
This corner of my bare mind which holds needless questions?
These problematic scenarios that I cannot overcome.
Why must I feel this way?
Trapped. Cornered. Sick.
How can I make this go away?
So I can free myself from the shackles of regret.
Burdened by my own doubts and sin.
It's hard to know where too begin--
If there is a beginning...
Endless tracks of terrible reason,
but the ends can justify the means.
Let me resign in my own mental despair.
My own mental idleness.

2 comments:

mariposa said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment :) By the way, nice poem - just curious though, do you really believe that the ends can justify the means? I've often wondered about that.

Also, I noticed you have a book preview on your blog. That is really neat - congrats! Someday I hope to do the same.

mike said...

Ok, too much seriousness. Here's the challenge: do you own duck joke in hell story like Damian and I did. I want to see if you can beat us!